How To Download Snapchat StoriesDS
Snapchat story is a series of Snaps (photos and videos) that play in the order in which they were taken. You can share Snaps on your stories for friends to view while your friends could do the same.
The only downside to the story feature is that there is no option to save Snapchat stories on your phone. However, this doesn’t mean that there is no way to download Snap stories.
In this article, we will be discussing the different ways to save someone’s Snapchat story. We will also see the options for Android and iOS and the drawbacks of each method.
How To Download Snapchat Stories
Ask Them To Send It to You
I know this sounds odd, but asking a friend to send you the video or photo they shared on their Snapchat story is the easiest way to get the story on your mobile storage.
All you need to do is reply to the story and request the person to send you the Snap (which could be in picture, video, or GIF format).
Screenshot the Snap
If it’s a picture that you want to download and you don’t want to ask the person to send it to you, you can easily screenshot the picture.
However, there is a drawback to using this method. When you take a screenshot of someone’s story, Snapchat will send a notification to the person with the message “(Your Username) took a screenshot.”
For example, if your username is “@Brandon101” and you took a screenshot of a friend’s story, Snapchat will send a notification with the message, “Brandon101 took a screenshot.”
To screenshot a Snapchat story;
- Launch the Snapchat app
- Navigate to the Snapchat story section.
- Tap on the one you want to download.
- Once it starts playing, take a screenshot.
- The Snap will be saved to your phone storage.
To check a Snapchat story that was saved via screenshot;
- Launch the Gallery app on your phone.
- Go to albums.
- Select the Screenshot album.
- Sort according to date (newest first).
- The story will appear on top.
- Tap to open.
Read Also: How To Go Viral On TikTok (9 Simple Steps)
Use Screen Recorder
If you are not too cool with the screenshot method since the user will be aware of your action, you can go for the screen recording option.
This method is very easy to use and it will save you the embarrassment you get when Snapchat notifies the user about you screenshotting or saving their story. When you use the screen recording feature on your phone, you can save a Snapchat story or video (in feed) to your mobile device without the person being notified of your action.
For iOS users, this method is very straightforward since you already have an in-built screen recorder feature. However, Android users will have to download a recording app from the Google Play Store.
- Go to the Play Store.
- Tap the search bar to enable search.
- Type DU Screen Recorder.
- Download and install it.
- Launch the app.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Complete the set up and give accessibility.
- Now, start screenrecording.
- Go back to the Snapchat app.
- Play the Snapchat story you want to record.
- Once the video finishes playing, go back and stop the DU screen recorder app. You will get an option to crop the video before saving.
- Crop out the unwanted parts in the video and save.
- Your video will be available in your gallery.
Apple iPhone users don’t need to install any screen recorder like we instructed for Android.. Instead, all you need to do is enable the in-built screen recorder and use it to capture the Snapchat stories.
To do this;
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Control Center.
- Under the customize controls, enable the screen recording control.
- Once the screen recorder is added to your control center, go back to the home menu.
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Locate the Snapchat story you want to download.
- Before playing it, open your control center and start the screen recorder.
- On Snapchat, start playing the Snapchat story once the countdown stops.
- Once played, tap the red button to stop the screen recording.
- Your video will be available in your gallery.
Read Also: How To Add Link to Facebook Story
How Do You Download Snapchat Stories Without Them Knowing?
If you want to download someone’s Snapchat stories, especially videos, but don’t want them to know you should go for the screen recording method. With a screen recorder app, you can download any Snapchat story without the user knowing. iOS users are very much in luck with this method because there is already a built-in screen recorder feature on the control panel. However, Android users must download one from the Play Store.
Can Snapchat Tell If You Screen Record?
Yes. Snap chat sends their users a notification when someone tries to screenshot their posts. Unlike other social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok, which do not have this feature, Snapchat is very strict when it comes to users’ privacy.
Is It Possible To See A Half-swipe On Snapchat?
No. The Snapchat Half Swipe trick is no longer functional. You can’t use the Half Swipe feature to preview any Snapchat message if you’re reading this in 2022. Snapchat, in fact, removed the feature (fixed the bug) in June 2021.
How to download Snapchat stories is a common question that people keep asking. Even though there is no feature on the app that lets you download stories, there are various third-party apps you can use to achieve that and we’ve discussed all of that in this article.
Leave a Reply